Sunday, November 25, 2018

Weekend Update

It's noon, already.  It's warm(ish) and raining(ish) and I'm feeling lazy.  I met Stacey for coffee and stopped at Shaws and Auto Zone on the way home.  Shaws for bagels, Auto Zone for the unsettling noise coming from my right front tire.  Turns out when I got my snow tires put on Wednesday(!!) the lug nuts weren't fully tightened.  The noise was the wobbling wheel.  Yikes!  *Someone* is getting a phone call tomorrow.

This week I need to finish.  Daniel's cardigan is close, 2 more (375 stitch) rows, and bind off.  Finish the sleeve seam, add the buttons, steam and block.  And I need to finish (start) the quilting on Braiden's quilt, so that I can determine what day I'll take off work to go up to Quebec (or Cornwall) and send it.  Canada Post is on strike right now, so it might be a UPS package instead.  And if THAT's the case, I'll add some booze and chocolate to the box and make mom happy.

Next Saturday is the Vergennes Holiday Stroll - Craft Fair in the morning, shopping events all day, lighting of the park and Santa's arrival in the evening.  It's a long, lovely day.  Daniel got some disappointing news this weekend - the winter Farmers Market has been cancelled due to lack of interest and some not-so-sportsmanlike behavior from some now-I'm-in, now-I'm-not vendors.  He's sad to lose the potential sales, but he does have the Craft Fair this weekend to sell his stock, take orders, and generate interest.  And the internet - I've recommended he get his website up to date, and I'll do some promo for him.

There's a pot roast on the stove, I'll throw in some potatoes and carrots, then head upstairs to get moving on Braiden's quilt.  It's already layered, I just need to jump in.  Laundry's done, the house is clean(ish,) I don't need any other groceries, and the yard work is well and truly done.  We had about 8 inches of snow a week ago (11/16.)  I'm feeling lazy, but the clock's ticking, and really, once I get started on that quilt, I'll just get it done.  The starting is the hardest part.  I've got a thought to explore for a picnic tote for Tori, and tonight, I'll knock that sweater out.  I'll post some pictures on Thursday.  Do I have work deadlines?  Nah, not really, but I'll include those projects as well.

To-Do

Braiden's quilt - get quilting done
Sweater - finish
Tote pattern (muslin? newspaper?)
Plan BH Christmas Party (12/14)
Friday - Open Enrollment meeting
Saturday - Holiday Stroll / Craft Fair
Sunday - Coffee w/Stacey

What's for Dinner?

25 Pot roast & biscuits
26 Grilled Cheese
27 Nachos
28 Tortellini
29 Garlic Chicken
30 Pizza
December 1 Deli Sandwiches
2 Roast Chicken
3 Soup & Cheese Bread
4 Swedish Meatballs
5 Baked Mac & Cheese - Sinterklaas
6
7 Pizza
8
9
10

No comments: