Sunday, May 21, 2006

Well, since it's raining today

(big surprise there) I stayed in and sewed. A teeny bit, anyway. I also listed some used books on Amazon and cleaned up the kitchen, but no one really cares about that, I imagine. I know I don't. :o)

In any case, I'm now only one block behind for Marcia - here's the latest test block, coming soon to a Quilter's Cache near you. Shadowflies. Templates, set in seams - all Marcia needed to do was applique on some paper piecing and I'd know for sure she hates me. :o) The colours don't really do the shadow effect justice, but since I donate all my test blocks to a group that makes charity quilts, I figured I'd do them a favour this year and colour co-ordinate the blocks - they're all Red White and Blue - an easy combo for many people to work with.

5 comments:

dot said...

Looks good. I might want to try this block.

Jules said...

That is a cool block. I can see many possibilities for different shading effects.

As an aside, I LOVED your answer about bullying and retaliating on the forum. I wish I had the guts to answer people like that. I think I was feeling bullied by his/her post!

Anonymous said...

Ah. I did Moonglow a few years back, and still seethe when I hear the name Jinny Beyer.

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty block, but I'm with you - templates aren't my thing. Its nice of you to donate the sample blocks!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful block!Have to go ck it out.

Been doing only blocks,soon will be the "airing of the blocks" rather than the airing of the quilts!