Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cue angel chorus...

This morning I realized I'd never updated my sidebar to indicate that I still owed a row for Joy's quilt. So I changed it. Then I thought, well, instead of just acknowledging that commitment, maybe I could actually DEAL with it. So I did. Mine's the last row for Joy's quilt, the Shoo Fly variation at the bottom. I intended to start it today, but what the heck - Scott had the kids outside, Simon's making dinner so I sewed 'til they were done.

And now, ::drumroll:: I can change my sidebar back. For GOOD! I have NO block commitments. None, zero, nada, zilch. I am one Priority Mail envelope away from being finished this round robin. Denise will finish mine when she does, I'm in no hurry at all, and I'll add it to my Next Four as a new item when it comes time to sandwich, quilt (I think I'm just going to tie/tack it), and bind it.

Ahhhhh... this feels good. Quilt-wise, the only person I'm beholden to is ME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh. I hate you now. ptooey.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Do you have a link to any pictures of yours in progress?

Fabulous addition btw!

Dorothy said...

my Round Robin quilt

If that link works, it'll take you to my quilt 2 rows ago. There will be 6 altogether when it's done.

Anonymous said...

Can you come over and finish all my UFO's? And make them pretty like your quilts while you are at it...

Rian said...

Cool! Good for you, now you can be your own boss.