Monday, September 11, 2006

Tick tick tick

WooHOO! Back on the wagon! The snack monster has been (temporarily, I'm sure) tamed, and I'm back in the FitDay groove. 3 pounds this week! Now of course, all three of them were pounds I'd alreadyu lost once before, but that's okay. 1 more "guest" before I can start turfing more of the permanenet residents.

So I started knitting last night. Got a vest right front done, but I'm going to need more yarn. I'll go see the nice ladies at Knits and Bolts this morning. I've never knit this way before - the vest is done in one piece, then just joined at the shoulders. It's fast, not sure how I feel about the look. I loooove the wool though - warm brown with copper. Yummy! I've stopped where the back starts (it's a long vest) and I think I'll look for a solid copper/red/brown to do that, then I can pick up the brown with copper for the left front. The front placket(?), neck and armholes are crocheted on after - whatever solid I use for the back I'll use for those too.

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Congrats!

If I bend over will you pul-lease give me a swift kick? I can't get this hiney going!

Rian said...

Congratulations on shooing away those unwanted visitors! Good for you. It's so hard to get back on after you've fallen off.

Love the knit thing, I don't know how to knit but I have long wanted to learn. There are so many yummy yarns out there and even a shop within 5 miles of my house--oh, and I have a hunch they offer classes... uh oh.

Anonymous said...

Stop by and see the vest I started last night with some yarn from my mom's stash!