Thursday, October 12, 2006

Misc

This whole month I've been thinking that I need to find a way to include a picture of the quintessential Vermont. I've shared plenty of landscapes, some still lifes, but wasn't satisfied. Yesterday, quintessential Vermont walked in front of our van.

Does the rest of the world know Sabra Field? I think I get Sabra Field, and I definitely think Sabra Field gets Vermont. Woody Jackson might be a little more recognizeable (those are his cows on the Ben & Jerry cartons) and Warren Kimble might have a little more traditional New England look, but just about every time I drive west in Vermont, with the sun behind the Adirondacks, I truly do believe I can see with Ms Field's eyes. Just a little. I wish I was better at capturing the vision.

3 comments:

Jane Ann said...

Rush hour in your neighborhood?

Dorothy said...

They were in no rush, let me tell ya. ;o) If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see their crossing guard at the end of the line.

Anonymous said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the cows was Ben & Jerry's.