Friday, November 03, 2006

still runner-ing

I'm going to cut the border today, and I think I've figured out what to do about those claws. I have plenty of the white fabric left over, so I'll bump that triangle out into the border. Test driving that, I realized I REALLY ought to do the same with the water-blue squares created by those geese collisions. ;o) Problem. I have exactly this much of that blue left, NOT wide enough to cut big triangles or strips to make geese. So I cut a template, I marked carefully and get EXACTLY enough to do this. No messing up, or I have to rethink this. In the end, it'll look something like this. I hope.

5 comments:

Rian said...

Measure twice, cut once. And swear a lot.

Dianne said...

Yeah, Dorothy, that looks great. I know you'll be sweating it till you're sure you've got enough fabric...been there, done that!

His Office, My Studio said...

Good luck and you can do it. I like what you have finished so far.

Anonymous said...

Loving that border treatment and those blocks as well.On the lt. blue...what if you stitch down the outer blue triangles to the block part and applique it over top/onto the navy/white strip?No? it's late and might not be thinking accurately.

Dorothy said...

If I understand what you're saying, that's exactly what I did/am doing. I'll finish the top tomorrow and post a pic.