Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanks, and giving

It's that time again. Last year on the about.com quilting forum I posted this:

Yesterday was a national day of thankfulness. Today, let the giving begin.

I propose, for myself and anyone who cares to join me, that the time between now and Christmas, the frantic, crabby, gotta-get-it-done (for what?!) next 4 weeks become The 30 Days of Giving. Anonymous, selfless do unto others kind of giving. Fairy work if you like. Do something nice for yourself by doing something nice for someone else every single day for the next 30. Buy a stranger a coffee, drop a $10 in the Sally Ann kettle, take a plate of cookies to the neighbour.

Share, keep it private, it's up to you.

It still works (except this year, we get 32 days!!) Now... what to do, what to do... hee!

I got such a great holiday buzz last year sneaking around doing nice things for people. This year, with the absence of snow, I need this to get the holiday spirit to WAKE UP! I've got a few plans already - some I'll share, some I won't.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for the reminder. To get into the spirit of the season, I am taking my two year old daughter to her first Nutcracker today. But I will definitely be looking for giving opportunities. I remember reading everyone's antics last year and thinking, "We should all be doing this all the time!"

Rian said...

It's a great idea!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

its a good thing to involve the kids in too.

Granny Fran said...

What a good idea. Let's make this season what it should be, a time of love and giving.