Monday, December 25, 2006

We are the dorks, and I am their Queen

<- This is among the coolest presents I have ever received. It's a Petzl headlamp from Scott, and I LOVE it!!! I like to do handwork at night, knitting, sewing binding, even cross stitch. But those light green eyes over there? They don't work so good, and in lower, evening ambiance lighting, for close work, they work not at all. Now, I shine! I glow! I can see!! I've been knitting this morning - 20 rows without dropping a stitch! I can read while Scott watches a movie, I feel like I've been reborn. (As a dork mind you, but I don't care!!) Happy Christmas to me!

(And hey, dig the new even shorter hair and mahogany tint - I love it too! Hee!)

I love Christmas. :o)

7 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Oh Dorothy that is an awesome gift..."I have GOT to get one of these" as Will Smith said in....that movie....

I started my First Day of Christmas....

Anonymous said...

Yep, you be the Queen of the Dorks, all right! Don't you love reaching the place in life where you don't care? You're definitely my favorite dork, and I'm glad you're having a great Christmas!

xoxo
Jane Ann

Debra Dixon said...

Love the tint!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok I wanna be a dork too if I can see better!!! What else can be better to answer the door to the prize patrol on super bowl sunday than wearing that? Well maybe a plastic grocery bag while coloring the hair...but that's way cooler! So where did he buy it....I want one,you could sell a million of these to quilters everywhere!

dee said...

Love the hair color and the light would make me laugh everytime you wore it. I didn't make the list but I will win you over by next year-Merry Christmas Dorothy. ou make the day a lot funnier.

Anonymous said...

You wear it like a tiara.

Melissa said...

I laughed when I saw this because my husband had a head lamp that he had me use for evening stitching and it looks a lot like that! LOL After wearing it I get an impression in my forehead though! LOL That's when I feel like a dork! LOL