Thursday, November 01, 2007

Seeking Inspiration from the Wisdom of Others

Two things today. Neither is explicitly needlework-, cooking-, going-, seeing-, doing-related, at least not as I've shared here before. Persevere, just a moment, please. As my weird little Cute Boyfriend would say "Un momento, por favor." (thanks, Dora)

First. November is NaBloPoMo, National Blog Posting Month. Sign up, post every day for the entire month of November, and win a fabulous! New! CAR!! Or not. I'm not going to officially play because I can't bear the disgrace of public failure, but I'll try privately anyway. Watch Zan, and Tanya go! Their blogs are infinitely more interesting than this puddle of slobber. But slobber I shall for the next thirty days, or dehydrate trying.

Second. My theme for this NaBloPoMo production. Christine Kane offers up a remarkable challenge. For the next 5 weeks, commit to being complaint-free, whine-free, criticism-free, gossip-free. Slip up? Start over. Her 9 reasons for doing it are, in her words, irresistable. So how could I? Resist, I mean. I saw the link to Ms Kane's site on someone else's blog today. I don't recall who that was, but when I find you again, you're getting credit. So there. ;o)

Edit - thanks to Sheila, I discovered my jumping off point toChristine Kane's wise words. It was Jen's blog, Bayou Quilts. How I got there, though, I don't know. Jen wasn't in my Bloglines. Is now though. :o)

6 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

"Their blogs are infinitely more interesting than this puddle of slobber."

I think you underrate yourself. I greatly enjoy your blog.

QuiltingFitzy said...

This is SO timely. Thank you for all you do for ME.

I'm in.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tanya. I watch for and read your posts with enthusiasm and appreciate that there is nothing you won't post about. I don't think you need a nudge from me to write, but I'll be watching with (pizza-)baited breath for the next 30 days.

Sheila in Ohio

P.S. JenClair at Bayou Quilts posted about the challenge.

dee said...

Just count me as a slobber-groupie. I love whatever you write. It's always interesting and most of the time pretty amusing. Blather on Babe...

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

Enjoy your puddles. Thought I'd join in the commitment to 35 day to a happier you. Can't beat the 9 reasons.

jenclair said...

Thanks for the link! I've added you, too. And I'm doing pretty well on the not complaining challenge...today. Haven't started over even once so far, which is much better than yesterday!