Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ticked? Why yes, actually.

There's a picture of the most recent irritant in my life. It's work-around-able, but I'm still ticked. The backing I used for this quilt is from a large chunk of Kona Bay fabric I bought some time ago. It's (a little) less offensive than the picture would suggest. The yardage was actually wide enough that I didn't have to piece together a back (this quilt is just a hair over 40" wide.) Layering and basting was a PITA because there literally was no margin for error, but I crossed my fingers and toes and eyes and got it done. aAfter quilting, I trimmed selvedge and about 1/2" more from the entire quilt, THE ENTIRE QUILT. *that part's important. So I've attached the binding and am merrily working my way around by hand, "pinning" with hair clips, when what the h=ll?! Registration marks?! Like I said, I'd trimmed 1/2" BEYOND the selvedge, and there are registration marks?!! You can see that the print continues beyond them to the trimmed selvedge.

So, guess where the label's going?

6 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sometimes you just gotta be creative - or MORE creatives - good place for the label.

Sara said...

Great place for the label! It took me a minute to figure out PITA - but I like that...I'll have to remember it.

Anonymous said...

Good place,put it there.I had 16" short of a twin binding.Will save for another quilt and start again.Some other day when I don't want any more frustration.

Tracey in CT said...

Sorry, but its nice to know that I'm not the only one these things happen to!

That looks like a prefect place for the label!

Quiltgal said...

Good thing it was the back.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I was going to suggest a 'bandaid' but you have a better idea.