Saturday, May 09, 2009

What is that?!

I was sitting on the couch yesterday morning, watching it become light when a blaze of pink caught my eye. Pink? Indeed. The miserable wild pears bloom beautiful white (and make me not despise them for about 2 weeks) not pink. The field was very wet, and I couldn't focus a good enough picture to be sure, but I thought it must be an old apple tree.





I went out a few hours of sunshine later and got closer. Those sure looks like apple blossoms! This tree is completely covered, ground to sky.

Last spring the view of the field was blocked by 20 feet of thick brush, so we missed this tree. And I guess I never really got close enough to notice apples last fall. But an apple tree it is, a lovely gnarly old apple tree draped in damn wild grapevine. Geeze, it's always something, isn't it?

No comments: