Thursday, October 15, 2009

Christmas on Thursday

Thursday! This week has flown!

Grandma's Scrap Bin #1 and #2 are done. Layered, quilted, bound, labeled.

The label looks better "real" than this picture would suggest - it's hand written, but the lines are in fact straight. I promise. I think I'm going to go see Marilyn after classes on Monday. I've spilled the beans to a couple of teachers and everyone seems to want to get in on the present-ation. I don't want this to be an "everyone" event. I want this to be just from me. So I'm not going to let anyone at school know ahead of time. I'm a little afraid that she'll get emotional, and I don't want to embarrass her - she's just the dearest woman and very private. I'll give them to her at the end of the day and let her decide for herself whether or not to share them with her collegues.

Tori's Bento Box quilt is also done. I really like this quilting panto - Little Kisses. It's sweet and swirly and softens the lines and angles of the bento pattern.

I have one purse in process, but no pictures since right now it looks like nothing but a pile of red and green and white and mess. Easy going, though, so it shouldn't be long to whip through the dozen I plan to make.

famous last words...

*update*
Okay, so not *quite* as easy peasy as I thought (who knew Santa hats were so shoddily made? In any case, I think I've worked out the details, I need a different red for the handles (heh, seriously not a problem) or else I need to add wire handles, but the details are worked out. Cute, huh? The "pattern" is here, if you want to make your own. One suggestion, go for plush, rather than fur trim on the hats.

2 comments:

Zazzu said...

Wow! Those quilts are just gorgeous. You did a beautiful job.

I really want Tori's quilt. :)

Get ready for about a million people to be at the gift presentation. IME working at school districts, word spreads like wildfire about any/every thing. Even the walls have ears.

Teri said...

The quilts are awesome! I'm glad I worked my short day today or I would have missed the!