Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas on Thursday

I've been sidelined this week by a sinus infection and a stomach bug. Last night was the worst of it, I think. This afternoon I propped myself up on the couch and did a little binding on crayon rolls (7 done, 8 need just binding.) I also contemplated making a bunch more of these (I have enough crayons for 20) and decided I was overworking them. The next few will leave out the quilting step, and I'll sew the pockets down, bottom all the way to the top. I'm just making more work for myself the way I'm doing it now, for no benefit.
Our family celebrates Christmas several times (and why not?!) Early in December, on the night of December 5th, the three kids leave their wooden shoes outside their bedroom doors, and Sinterklaas leaves them a small gift and some candy. I'm not saying I've had anything to do with it, but we're all set.

I also grabbed 2 (3?) bags of Hershey Kisses and some plastic wrap to load up those Santa countdowns. I'll get that done this week, and snap pictures before I give Ryan's mom back the extra one she cut out.

No comments: