Monday, January 18, 2010

January

The borders are now all pieced, I need to give the center a trim and then assemble. Because all the HSTs in the body of the piece are on point, and the HSTs in the border are not, there's a wee fudge factor built in. With so much bias in the center, I want to be careful not to stretch, but I need to make this work. The center of the piece is just the tiniest hair under 25 1/2". The borders, if assembled the way they are, will be 24 1/2". I'm debating a few options - adding a 1" spacer in the center of each border, or "framing" the corners with a 1/2" one. I'll decide when I get there.

Looking at it through the lens of the camera, I see which one it should be, I think. Even waaaay over-exposed (oops) that built up corner looks much more natural than having a pieced gap in the center of the border.

That's the plan for today. I've been trying, trying, trying to make time every day to sew, and the result is that things are progressing. And I'm a little less resentful of people "needing" me all the time. I've decided with regard to a couple of different situations that while I cannot change some situations, or other people's behaviour, I *can* change the way I respond. Being proactive, rather than reactive feels a little selfish (it's not, but that's a whole 'nother issue) but it keeps the boat a little straighter when the water gets choppy.

huh, waddya know, there's that comity things back for a return engagement.

2 comments:

DebbyMc said...

I like the corner solution...=-) And I agree, proactive vs reactive. We can't be responsible for another's happiness and we NEED to be responsible for our own...but that's hard...I think our brains are't wired to always let that happen...

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I turned a 're-action' from Steph into a 'pro-action' for me. It got done what needed doing...and I felt a little too much em-powered, but that's ok too.

I, of course, like the border split vs. the corner split.