Friday, January 15, 2010

Swivel Seat


When I was 8 or 9 or 10 (early - mid 70s) my mother's uncle, we called him Pa, had a shiny new Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. It went super fast and had these cool swivel front seats. His wife (Ma) loved them because when, after a super hair-raisingly fast drive, they arrived at church, she could swivel out and stand up without anyone seeing up her mini skirt. Pa liked the seats because he could sit in the car and smoke his pipe in comfort. Funny couple those two, now that I think of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Britney Spears could've used those swivel seats a couple of years ago!
Hello, NE Bloggers!
Our 1-year anniversary is coming up on Jan 27. To mark the occasion I am going to put up a Mr. Linky on the evening of Monday, January 25. If you'd like to write a post about living in NE, fav places to visit, funny stories and stereotypes, recipes, photos of our gorgeous landscape, anything, it would be great if you would link in. I'd also like a little idea of # of participants, if you could just send me a reply.
Since I don't have emails from everyone, I'm also leaving this message in your comments, sorry for the double-up.