Thursday, July 15, 2010

Up early, coffee on the deck

Ahhhh... this is nice. Since it will be beastly again today (ugh), I'm up early to enjoy the cool(ish) morning. There's a load on the clothesline already, another in the washer. The crockpot's making dinner outside somewhere - no point heating up the kitchen when there are plugs outside.

Yesterday as I was preparing to put together the last six pineapples for Danielle's quilt, I thought, "gee, I haven't seen these all laid out lately," so I pulled the stack out. Did I lay them out? No, but I *counted* them, and woohoo! I didn't need six, I needed ONE! One? Done! My inability to count to 42 is a known character flaw, it's happened before. This time, though, I caught it in time - no over, no under. Today's plan is to assemble some chunks - 2x2 big blocks that'll make layout less fiddle-able. That's the plan, anyway.

But first, I need to vacuum and mop before the humidity sucks the (tiny little) interest in cleaning out of me.

4 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

86.4 at 5:20am, 46% humidity here. Monsoon season is upon us! WOO-HOO!

Dorothy said...

46%? It was 93% last night when I went to bed. I'm not even sure it gets down to 43% in the winter!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

We had temps like those last week here, made the record books too. Nary a nice word was uttered....but the sun was out, so that was good.

Dorothy said...

Ugh,last week it was 100ยบ+ just about every day. This *should* be better, but it's really not.