Friday, September 24, 2010

We need a fan club, or maybe a support group.

More than 2 years ago, I wrote a redemption tale about the best spatula ever, in my opinion. Since then, I have received comments and emails, almost monthly from other fans of this amazing turner. It's very, very funny, actually, how much we all love our 717 spatulas, and can't imagine life without them.

"At a wedding shower close to 23 years ago, I was given among many other things, a spatula. I think that's when it appeared in my life, anyway. It might have even been a college purchase. In any case, I was in possession of a tan plastic-y spatula that was the best spatula ever. It was flexible enough to get under and flip an over-easy fried egg without letting it drop and breaking the yolk. It was sturdy enough to deal with a great big hamburger or a well stuffed grilled cheese. It was, however, not leave-it-in-the-pan heat proof and eventually it showed the scorch marks and melted spots that bore witness to just how often I grabbed this, my Excalibur."

You can read the rest of the story here, if you're so inclined. Check out the comments too - we're a loyal bunch. Perhaps disturbingly so...

The LOPOL company owes me a commision, I think. They can pay me in spatulas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well.. not *exactly* what I was looking for, but very close. I used an old 'Foley' spatula that looked alot like this.. maybe it will do the trick. Good find.

(mine looked like this: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/734917.aspx )