Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Twice.  In two days.  Call me butter, I'm on a roll!

This afternoon I was banished from the house for 45 min or so, a video conference needed fewer voices and bodies in the room, so I took myself out to the local wholesale grower.  He's closing up the plant business for the season, so I figured I'd find some deals. 

And how!

I've attempted to move the raspberry bushes over to a raised bed with the blueberries and rhubarb, but through a combination of too much rain, and WAY too much neglect, they all died.  Today, rather than transplant more sprouts from the back yard, I decided to splurge and buy a couple of new ones.  Splurge indeed.  $7 for both.  And a try of annuals.  I have an evening in the mud in my future I suspect.  The annuals (FREE!) are mostly shades of red and orange, they'll replace the pinks and whites in the planter by the mailboxes, and fill some holes in my cutting garden (the empty space at the end of the tomato bed.)

Tomorrow though, weather willing, I'll need to cut the grass.  And go to the Farmer's Market.  And do some laundry.  And make dinner.  After work.  Boredom is not in my skill set.

No comments: