Monday, March 26, 2018

About them trees...

Yesterday I did NOT get the rest of the trunks attached to the rest of the trees.  Instead, I layered, basted, and started quilting Concentric Squares.  It felt like the thing I needed to do; it went together easily, and the quilting went smoothly.  3 bobbins in, and I'm more than half way!

I think I can finish it this evening, and get the binding on tomorrow.  Then hand stitching it down, Wed, Thursday, wash and done.  Just in time for my last day of work (no pressure.) ;)

ETA  Look!  It's the troublemaker!

Can I just say I have never IN MY LIFE worked on such a bossy quilt!  It's just insistent.  Tonight I not only got the quilting done (without a hitch, no puckers, no nuthin') but I also got it trimmed and there was NO NEED to square it.  It was perfect.  Dig through the pile for binding, and there it was.  I strated sewing the binding together then realized it was time to call mom.  I won't finish it tonight, but I will tomorrow morning - Yvonne asked me to come in at 10 so she and Jen (new girl) can figure out how to open the place.  Okay.  So tomorrow I'll get the binding attached, tomorrow night I'll work on sewing it down.

This quilt needs to get finished, and it needs to go where it needs to go.  If I'm honest, I've always known who it was for, although I didn't know why.  It demanded to be made, and now it's demanding to be finished.  For a long time, I was conflicted; it just seemed so inappropriate.  But why not?  It's a quilt of appreciation and affection.  Nothing less, and nothing more.  Or maybe more.  I dunno.  Whatever.  It needs to be done, and so it will be.

No comments: