Thursday, March 15, 2018

It works!

Looks like the idea in my head is actually going to work.  Woohoo!  All the components are sewn, except for the half blocks for the edges.  Well, even some of them are 'done' (the tree parts are made) but others not-so-much.  I only need to do 6 (I think) half chain blocks but, meh, I'll wait until I get to that point.

I think the pattern will be much more obvious once I get a few more blocks in.  And maybe I'll turn those trees trunk in - I do like the way they intersect with the chain, but maybe I'll like the way the points do.  We'll see.  I have many, many trunks to attach to trees before I get to that point.

Ignore the socks in the background.  I hate socks, take them off at my earliest opportunity and leave them where they fall.  And those log cabins - that's a leader/ender project for...?  Dunno.

I'm hoping someone needs an emergency baby quilt - the tax department has come to the conclusion that this stone has some blood left in it.  And I just quit my job. ugh.

No comments: