Sunday, March 18, 2018

Weekend Update

Today is Daniel's birthday, we he and his friends are going bowling this afternoon.  I'm going to go to Goodwill and the grocery store, and bring a book to kill the remainder of the time.  Where or where has the time gone?  In the words of toddler Simon, "Me not know, Mama.  Me not know!"

He's in High School!  He owns woodworking equipment!  He's growing sideburns!  And he likes to hang out with me when I sew.  :)



Braiden - The trees continue.  I try to do at least 4, ideally 6, sometimes more of these every day.  Today, since we'll not be home most of the day, I'll babysit the oven later, trim them up and tear the paper off the backs.   Once that's done, it's block assembly, then top.  Onward.

And I think I know where the Concentric Squares quilt is going.  It's going to be a kinda Farewell/Housewarming/Thank You gift for someone at work. It seems fitting, since that's where it happened to come together.



I've also, as mentioned yesterday, I've started a leader/ender Log Cabin project for which I will buy absolutely nothing.  I'm not even going down to my basement storage room (old "sewing" room where exactly NO sewing ever got done.)  Everything comes out of the pile that began with Braiden's quilt.  It's all scraps and leftovers, and I'm using them.  Nothing but.

It's Sunday, so let's get this done.



What's for Dinner?

18 Daniel's b-day Cordon Bleu, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob
19 grilled cheese
20 Quiche
21 lasagna
22 pancakes
23 pizza
24 grilled ham steaks
25 Roast Chicken
26 quesadillas
27 pork chops
28 spaghetti
29 meatloaf
30 pizza (my last day of work!!)
31 Pigs in a Blanket
April 1 Easter



No comments: