Sunday, April 01, 2018

Weekend Update

Well, it's the end.  I have opened the cafe for the last time, and it's a relief.  Is it a little terrifying that I have a mountain of debt, and a 15 hour a week job?  Uh, yeah.  But I have slept well, I am more relaxed already, and the weight of working at a job that actually made me unhappy is lifted.  Happy Easter! 😀  Lillian and I went out for a drink yesterday to celebrate new beginnings.

Concentric Squares - the bossiest quilt I have ever dealt with in my life - is done, and it's gone.  Sunday morning it was a top, a batt in a bag, and some flannel yardage.  I layered and started quilting Sunday, I finished quilting it Monday, got the binding attached Tuesday morning, started hand sewing it Tuesday evening, finished the binding Wednesday after supper, and pulled it from the dryer Wednesday at 10.  Thursday I loaded a couple dozen pictures of the construction of the cafe onto a thumb drive, printed them at Kinney's and wrote a thank you card to Bill, who built that dream for me.  And on Friday, he completely ignored every effort I made to give this to him.

I left it in the boiler room, where he stores his tools.  I hope he finds it, and I hope he understands how very grateful I am for everything he did to bring the cafe that was my heart to life.

I wish Yvonne nothing but success.  And I'm done.

Thursday I had an interview with the Chamber of Commerce, it's part time, but might grow, but I don't know.  Still not enough to keep the lights on.  I'll hear back from them at the beginning of this week.  And I've been speaking with a local developer who might be looking for an assistant.  I'm going to spend some time quilting (for sale?) and Lilian needs help moving...  I'll be pulled in a hundred directions, and I'll be happier.

Onward.

What's for Dinner?

April 1 Easter - ham, scalloped potatoes
2 quesadillas
3 Pulled Pork
4 Mac & Beef
5 pancakes & bacon
6 pizza
7 Chicken Sandwiches
8 Pot Roast
9 Grilled Cheese
10 fajitas
11 spaghetti
12 pork chops 
13 pizza
14 burgers
15 Garlic Chicken
16 Omelets
17 Fried Rice & egg rolls
18 lasagna
19 
20 Pizza
21



No comments: