Sunday, April 08, 2018

Weekend Update


Today I'm going to do some baking, and get the paper off the back of the rest of those tree blocks. Oh, oops, I was going to save talk of Braiden's quilt for Thursday.  So, today I'm going to bake. ;)  Zucchini Bread, Orange Bread, and a Quiche.



And I'll create a Facebook Album with quilts for sale - I need to generate some cash, and I've got the materials, I hope, to do it.  I have 3 kinda/sorta ready to go and I'm offering them at a slightly discounted price, just to get some interest (and cash)  <-This one is mostly done, I'm hand sewing the binding down in the evening.


  -> This one is just a top, and it will be a top,
I think, until someone asks me to finish it - it can be bigger easily.  It's 28 x 42 right now, a good size for a crib or on the floor for a teeny one, but could quickly move up to 42 square with the addition of 12 more blocks (and a bunch more dollars.) 😃


And this one <- is done and larger 42x60ish.  Ready to go. I'll keep making them, taking orders if that's what happens. I have yardage for backs, I have (some) batting, plenty of thread (including 150 prewound bobbins I got at the thrift store for $10.  And time.  I've got that too.

The next plan is to back the t-shirts I bought at a rummage sale with the fusible interfacing I have and make a sample memory quilt.  T-shit top, fleece back, meander quilting.  I want that done before April Vacation, (21-29) so that I can advertise it on Facebook to all my friends who have graduating seniors.  Maybe that's what'll happen while I babysit the oven today.

Groceries can wait until tomorrow.  And tomorrow I need to send some follow up emails - I did not get the Front Porch Forum job :( and am still waiting to hear from the Chamber.  I do know that they have NOT hired someone else, so I hold out hope.  I get an email every day from Indeed that points me toward other open positions, and I can always get myself on the Sub list for the School District.  There is work out there, and I will get something.  I should be panicked, but I'm not.  Oh, and I need to do the taxes this week too.  That one?  Not so happy making, but it needs to be done.

8 Quiche & Fruit
9 Grilled Cheese
10 fajitas
11 spaghetti & Garlic Bread
12 pork chops 
13 pizza
14 burgers
15 Garlic Chicken
16 Omelets
17 Fried Rice & egg rolls
18 lasagna
19 Pulled Pork
20 Pizza
21 Chicken Sandwiches
22 

No comments: