Sunday, June 17, 2018

Weekend Update

Oh my goodness, I think I've been to the Promised Land!  Erin's mother in law Sue was more than a quilter, though she was definitely that.  She was a shopper with lofty ambitions and excellent taste, and I am honored to be the new caretaker of a very small selection of her treasures.  This looks like less than it is - those are bolts on the right, and that zip bag is full of 5" charms of beautiful Moda charms.  The small (not really) box is jammed full of light 1/4 and 1/2 yard cuts.

Under the batting are 2 pieces of upholstery weight fabric and a completely pieced, layered and basted baby quilt.    This is the top of my full sized freezer, and it is covered.

I am very very lucky, and inspired to turn this bounty into something good.  I will.

The home itself is beautiful - a beautiful house with 2 wonderful decks, a mezzanine,  and a magnificent stone fireplace, a separate cottage that was Sue's studio, a shed that was the cats' home, a greenhouse, and an actual studio that is now a shed.  It's the kind of place you can't imagine ever leaving.  I'd love to go back just to drink coffee on the deck.

Today though, is Father's Day, and I need to do some errands and pick up ribs for dinner.  Onward.

This Week:

Monday - ANWSD Food Service Picnic
Wednesday - Dinner for Farrells
Thursday - ANWSD payday

What's for Dinner?

17 Ribs
18 Grilled Cheese
19 Chicken strips (or fish) & fries
20 Baked Mac & Cheese
21 Deli Sandwiches
22 Pizza
23 Hot Dogs & Potato Salad
24 BBQ Chciken
25 Grilled Cheese
26 Fajitas
27 Spaghetti
28 Burgers
29 Pizza
30 Cold Meat & Salad
July 1 Canada Day!

No comments: