Sunday, June 10, 2018

What a week!


I've had 3 different jobs this week!  Monday & Tuesday I finished up the library inventory.  Every afternoon, I prepped and delivered After School Meals, and Wednesday through Friday, I did my NEW JOB!  I am employed!

Yesterday I spend a pretty brutal hour or so creating a little spreadsheet as part of my monthly budget determining how much debt I have (😳) and coming up with a snowball plan to pay it off.  I included the mortgage and HELOC and student loans I borrowed to help Tori and Simon with tuition, plus credit cards.  It's massive, but manageable.  My new mantra "I need to be out of debt more than I need this."  In most cases it's true.  Yesterday, though, I did pick up some new shirts for work.  I do need those.  Food service ruins clothes.

Having a limited income has taught me a few things lately, cheaper meals save money, and no one seems to have noticed (or maybe cared, either way..) so I'm going to keep doing that, repurposing leftovers and making do with what's in the pantry and freezer.  Groceries means bread, milk and cereal, and filling any holes for the week ahead.  Planning saves $$.

I'm meeting Stacey for coffee in about an hour (and yes, I *do* need that), I've got 2 loads on the clothesline and one more in the washer., the kitchen is tidy(ish.)  I have already been to Shaw's for bread and a pork loin I'll cut into chops for dinner and I have apples to use up, so I'll make applesauce.  And maybe I'll check the basement to see if I have any upholstery fabric.  


Yesterday, in a free pile after a yard sale, I came across a sibling to the Grandma Chair I have in my sewing room.  I't not a twin, but maybe a sister.  Daniel says cousin.  Grandma needs to be re-seated as well, and if I do them in the same fabric, they'll look perfectly related.  If I don't have anything, I'll wait until I have a Joann coupon, and a reason to go to Burlington.

I'm going to spend some time this afternoon getting that last garden bed done, and weeding the rest of them.  I've got some herb plant to put in to transform that overgrown space into an herb/tea garden.  I've been playing a little with making tea from fresh leaves and the results are delightful!  Herbal teas from dried leaves can be a little dusty, this is NOT that.  Fresh, crisp, and refreshing.  I'll bet they make great iced teas, but I've finished the pot every time.    I'll work on that.

This Week:

Wednesday - Last day ASM @VUES
Thursday - Last day ASM @VUHS
       - timesheet to Martha
       - BH all day
Friday - Last day of school
       - BH until 11:00

What's for Dinner?

10 Pork Chops
11 Grilled Cheese
12 Quiche
13 Spaghetti
14 Baked Potato Bar
15 (Last Day of School) pizza
16 Burgers
17 Ribs
18 Grilled Cheese
19 Chicken strips (or fish) & fries
20 Baked Mac & Cheese
21 Deli Sandwiches
22 Pizza
23 Hot Dogs & Potato Salad
24 BBQ Chciken
25 Grilled Cheese
26 Fajitas
27 Spaghetti
28 Burgers
29 Pizza
30 Cold Meat & Salad
July 1 Canada Day!

No comments: