Sunday, January 14, 2007

eh, I dunno.

What do you think? Keep going or start over? I'm about 9" into this, starting over wouldn't break my heart, continuing wouldn't be a total waste of time. The pattern is simple VanDyke Lace with a ladder-y thing going up betwen the two panels. Nothing inspired or exceptional about the pattern, I just flipped through the Stitch a Day caledar until I saw something I liked. This one's easy enough - the repeat is only 6 rows. I pinned it out onto a kitchen towel just to show the pattern. As soon as the pins come out, it just looks like a mess. Real blocking would take care of that uneven edge, but why go to the effort if I decide not to keep it?

5 comments:

Jules said...

I think it is beautiful. Not just kissing up here. I really think it is gorgeous.

Debra Dixon said...

LOL! not kissing up??

Did you notice the pattern makes hearts? I think it is lovely too (like this) but if it returns to a big fuzzy mess than why bother?

Dorothy said...

Oh, no Debra, it'll be fine if (when) I block it, with lace knitting it never looks like much until it's dampened and blocked into shape. Something to do with the fact that it's made out of not much more than cobwebs - like webs look beautiful when they're stretched out between twigs, but are just a mess when they're hanging in the basement. ;o)

Anonymous said...

knitting, schmitting.
I wanna see some QUILTING!

Dorothy said...

Hey pigley, me too!