Saturday, January 13, 2007

Miss me?

Oops. This week got away from me. Next week looks quieter, thank goodness, couldn't get much louder, anyway.

First, to share. Kate from Minestrone Soup has organized a fabulous project - hats for the Boston Children's Hospital. Joann has Fun Fur yarn on sale this weekend, 10 for $10. Go. Now. Buy some, make a hat. Just do it, it's the right thing to do. Instructions, address, and prize details are available from Kate. So what are you waiting for? What am *I* waiting for?! Certainly not yarn, I've *ahem* made sure I have that base covered.

And what's the opposite of a soft fuzzy hat? Maybe this?
Simon got a metal detector for Christmas (cool, huh?) and took advantage of our VERY long autumn to look for treasure. To my eleven year old, a corroded pair of slip-lock pliers is most definitely a Revolutionary War relic that will fetch millions at auction. Living here in New England, I do believe if the treasure hunting continues I'm going to have buy the boy two buckets. One for all the treasure he's going to dig up, and another to carry the cash it earns him to the bank.

4 comments:

dee said...

Hi Dorothy-It looks like Simon is having fun and you are too. Missed you. I don't knit or crochet(something else to do ????not right now) but I think this is a great idea-my friend Terry does this for the hospitals around here. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Confession: I've always wanted a metal detector. Are you sure it wasn't on YOUR list, not Simon's?

Anonymous said...

My dad and brother metal detect on the Jersey beaches.Ocean City mainly.They find all sorts of things.Dad found an indian arrowhead in my unle's driveway here in Troy, bet Simon comes across some of those too!

Teri said...

I want to get a metal detector. I bet I would find that ring I lost many years ago. I am sure my dog ate it, and it is in the back yard somewhere...