Saturday, November 26, 2005

Gotta have it

We're a curious breed, us hoarders. I'm not confessing to that OCD fuelled need to pile newspapers and dog food cans in the living room, that's Scott's domain. (I joke) I'm opening my skeleton closet to reveal this need I have to *have* something I like. Kind of the "Eat My Cake and Have It Too" Syndrome. EMCHITS is the story of my life, though I'm learning to resist. It's a tough fight though. I'm up against Justin Case.

I have fabric stashed away that I have used in the past, with joy I might add, and then immediately rushed out and bought more to replace it. Now I can't use it anymore because the company went out of business and I can't get more. BAD precedent there. Last night washing dishes I admired the set of bowls I bought at Costco a while back. They're so pretty! But what if one breaks? Melamine and my kitchen floor have history, if-ya-know-what-I-mean. I'm going to Costco today, I should buy another set. Justin Case. When I find a pair of pants (shoes, socks) I like? I buy 3. Justin Case.

It's ridiculous, actually. When the dented can store has Starbucks coffee, I buy them out. I know I can buy Starbucks coffee at Shaws, or heck, at Starbucks, but I NEED to buy all they have. Same with Mrs. Field's Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers. Last winter I bought an entire case of Girl Scout Caramel Delite cookies. Justin Case. I have about 20 lbs of coffee in the pantry, and cookies to last until NEXT Christmas.

Today I will not buy the bowls, and I've been good about staying out of the coffee aisle and the fabric store. You know, Justin Case.

2 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Dear Justin Case~ I think you should frame that piece of fabric because you have loved it for as long as I have known you. And the bowls...can you get me a set? I love those bowls!!!!!!

Dorothy said...

Aren't they wonderful? If you're serious, I'll keep an eye out for another set but they'd be expensive to ship. They're HEAVY!