Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanks

I'm thankful for so many things, where to start?

My sisters - the sister of my birth, and the sisters of my heart.
My husband. Even on the days he drives me completely insane, without him, I'm nothing.
My children.
My home. I hope I die here, I can't imagine ever living anywhere else.
Hot summers, wet springs, cold winters, breathtaking autumns. You can't have one without the o-o-o-thers.
My mother, who has, in the past 20 years demonstrated that for the first 20 years of my life, she actually DID know what she was talking about.

I'm thankful that I can feel pain, and that most days I don't.

I'm thankful I can see the misery and sadness in the world. Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power. If I can see a problem, maybe I can be a part of the solution.

I'm thankful to have, to be someone who has the means, most of the time, to help those who have not.

I'm thankful I have the power of words to convey a part of what is in my head accurately. Thank you for listening.

No comments: