Sunday, January 01, 2006

Okay, let's go

Resolutions, 2006 variety:

#1 I WILL lose weight.
It's no longer a want to, or a should, or an oughtto, it's a HAVE to. My first goal is 10 pounds by Valentine's Day. Not a big goal, but an achievable one. I've started tracking my eating with Fitday, I've begun a discussion and support thread on the about.com Quilting forum, and added a ticker to my sig there. I wonder if I can figure out how to add it to my sidebar here? Hmmm. I'll ponder on that. Week one is going to be a week of awareness building. Track every bite, see where I'm slipping, and then fix it in the coming weeks. Cheer for me, I'll come cheer for you - it's all about reciprocity and fair trade. Besides, I'll bet cheerleading is WAY aerobic. Go us!

#2 Spend less, pay off those damn cards, build up a $1000 rainy day fund.
Pretty self explanatory. Debt free is an achievable goal. I've got a budget worked up, I've got a debt reduction schedule in place. We can DO this! I mean, if I plan to live to be 100, I certainly don't want to spend my golden years paying for some stupid chunk of fabric I *still* haven't used and that I now despise. Which leads me to

#3 Stashbusting, fabric shopping moratorium.
I will NOT enter my LQS except for backing, batting, or thread. I have no need of new rulers, or marking pens, or gadgets of any type. I have what I need, now I need to start using what I have. I've contemplated joining a few swaps and or challenges, but unless I can shop my stash to do them, nope.

#4 Wear earrings.
Wha...? I hear you all sputtering, don't deny it. Yup, earrings. I have many pairs of beautiful genstone, precious, semi-precious, sentimental wonderful earrings and I don't wear them. But I will. Wearing earrings means I need to take a concerted look at myself every single morning before joining the living and it's something that's been slipping. Wearing earrings means I have to care, a little, about my appearance for at least a couple of minutes every single day.

#5 Control computer time
This wonderful, malicious machine is sucking my life away, 5, 10 minutes at a time. I'm putting myself on a schedule, at least during the week - I can check email, do the quick site tour, and wake up here with ahello and a cup of coffee first thing every morning. Then it's off until say, 15 minutes at 10:00 (with coffee#2), quick check at lunch, then no more until the kids are in bed. THIS is going to be the hardest of all of these resolutions to keep. I just know it. ::wimper::

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I highly recommend the internet savings account with ING that I've had for about 5 years. Right now they are paying 3.75%, you can't get that anywhere! Just like any other online bill paying, they deduct a set amount on a prescribed day (and you could cancel that withdrawl if you might be short) from your checking account. The biggest downside of this account is that you have to allow about 3 business days to recover your money or take money out of that account. They put deposit it back into the account from which it came. I have not had ONE issue with them and are very customer friendly. (They even accept payments of $10/mo.)

It's our go to Hawaii every November account, and is VERY painless.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I join you on the lose weight scale. I have 100 to loose, actually more, but lets not worry about the other 50-60 #'s, ok? OK.

Go Dorothy!!

Debra Dixon said...

I am tracking food/activity in the fitday program too. Thanks for finding it!

Since computer and sewing are both sitting, I am making myself do the treadmill everyday to break up the fat deposits on my butt.