Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hey!

This wasn't on my list?! But then, neither was calling around Monday night for a sub for preschool on Tuesday. The card didn't turn out like I wanted, but it's fine. The stitching on that oak leaf is WAY too heavy, but I made a mess the first time, and my thinking is, if you stitch in the wrong place, make it look like you meant to do that. So I did. My freemotion scribble needs some practice.

The ribbon at the bottom is two layers - eggshell grosgrain that's stamped with my sincerest appreciation, covered with wire ribbon - not wired, it's actually woven wire. Cool stuff. The leaves are silk torn off the $2.99 stems that I got for much less than that at Michael's on Sunday. The whole thing is much more sparkley in person - I had to turn off the flash so the letters would show through the wire.

Tomorrow I'm skipping out after dropping the boyfriend at preschool and meeting Karen for pie. She's driving WAY fartherthan I am, but I don't think she minds. I'm giving her a little something she's been coveting. I'll snap a pic tomorrow before I load it in the van.

6 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love it!! I haven't the nerve to try one yet, but I do have the timtex, lol.

Can't wait to see what's up your sleeve.

Dorothy said...

Oh, it won't FIT up my sleeve!

Do try cards - they are BIG fun. Maybe tomorrow I'll share some more pictures (or click my webshots in the sidebar - there's pics there)

Anonymous said...

Love your postcard! I just posted some too. They are big fun!

Anonymous said...

So noi one has guess why I drove all that way..lol.

Rian said...

Love the postcard! Beautiful~

Teri said...

I love it! That's a great ides to use silk leaves.. I wouldn't have ever thought of that!