Friday, September 22, 2006

No Guesses?

Well, boo. Okay, this is what Karen braved road construction and speed traps for. I picked it up for a song, and she wants it WAY more than I do, so... she bought the pie, I helped her load it into the car. Here's a closer pic - it's awfully pretty, but was completely unappreciated in my garage. Karen's strong sons will haul this behemoth up to her sewing room, and I will be able to park inside when it snows. Everybody wins!

Now about that pie. I REALLY should have taken a picture of THAT. Best pie on the planet, eh Karen? She had scrambled eggs, rye toast, and coconut cream pie. I skipped the eggs and toast and went straight to dessert. 20 minutes from my house, closed on Tuesdays during the winter - The Bridge Restaurant. The other offerings: blueberry, cherry, strawberry rhubarb, maple cream, plus a yummy sounding pumpkin bread pudding (served hot with maple syrup)... but my favourite is, was, and always shall be the coconut cream pie. I think Karen might even agree that the pie was worth the 2 1/2 hour drive, the treadle was just the whipped cream.

(I'm messing with the time stamp so this one appears after the clues, in case anyone does want to guess.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sure a beauty....just needs a belt and it's good to go!Dave lugged it up the stairs end over end to get it up there.Amazing.Many thanks!!!I owe you more than a slice of pie,you are a cheap date!

The pie was great, it truly is the best on the planet, and had a lovely ride up and back.Good oldies tunes, little traffic, and I was in heaven.Perfect day.And Dan even got the exhaust put on the subaru which is quiet as a mousie now.Now into the tub with a good book...

Anonymous said...

Like you Dorothy I had one of those that took up more room than it was worth. I finally sold it about 15 years after I bought it for the same price. I should've charged a storage fee!