Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dandies and Nannies

Wha...? heh, I was sewing today, nottaking pictures, so today you get a picture of my sewing and another shot of those Nannyberry Viburnums from yesterday. The blocks are The Dandy Quilt Block from The Quilter's Cache, housewarming gifts for Alexis, Lisle, and Vicky. Vicky sent the background for hers. Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope - everyone else, as far as I know, got a light background with pinecones. I was seriously tempted to continue the theme and do her star in green with red corners.

Those three weird things in the bottom right corner are leader/ender blocks I made of the scraps. Vicky wanted a signature scrap. Doesn't get much scrappier! She can have all of them if Alexis and Lisle don't want them.

This second pic of the viburnums is one of the less successful shots from the back door yesterday. The glow in the dark quality is much more evident in the long shot. That's it, unless you'd like to see a shot of last night's full moon?

4 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Oh I love it! And no I sent the black bg to someone else....oh Alexis and she didn't use it. But tha'ts ok, I still love it and the signed scraps are awesome!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Oh I just saw the full moon shot....he even has his tool belt on....smirk....Ashley says, "Oh that's so mean, when he grows up, the whole world will have already seen his a$$!!"

Leah Spencer said...

I had a good laugh at the "full moon" shot too. :) Cute bum! :P

Anonymous said...

I think that boy's gonna be a plumber when he grows up....

I got the black too but like yours a lot better than the one I did up!