Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm (not) famous!

Well, my quilt design, anyway. Teresa posts today that her quilt is on the front of a magazine, uncredited(!) with the pattern included (also uncredited!) inside. Teresa's quilt is lovely, and was the result of a swap inspired by a block shower based on a Log Cabin block that I "created." Whew!

Here's the very first ever bright log cabin Original Daniel's Quilt, from a block shower on the about.com quilting forum arranged by Sophie. The warm/cool/red center colouration was my idea, the layout was my idea, the block assembly was the work of many, many friends. If you click on the Webshots link in the sidebar you can see many more of the ideas that have crawled out of my imagination. Mostly traditional blocks, but in unusual colourways or layouts. Here's little Daniel, thrilled that his mom finally got his quilt finished. I sent it out to Jeri Clark for quilting and she did a fabu job, even stitching the kids' names into the quilt!

Marcia at quilterscache got a shower of her own, and assembled an even bigger quilt than this one. I'm not sure, I think the swap(s) fell somewhere between my quilt and hers.

Teresa assembled her oops blocks (she said there's something wrong with them, but I don't see it), quilted a cute airplane design (she's a GREAT machine quilter) and submitted a photo to Quilts magazine (I think.) They published her picture, with credit, then I guess held onto it for future use. Well, the future is now, and they, ahem, LOST Teresa's info! Did that stop them from running it, uncredited? NO! She's called them and is getting credit, and a check! Good for you, Teresa! That quilt will sell magazines for them, you deserve a cut. Me, all I want is credit for the quilt that started it all.

5 comments:

Jane Ann said...

I too love traditional patterns done in bright colors. Love strippy quilts, love log cabins, love brights--yep, you caught them all in one quilt. Beautiful! (I think the best credit you can get came from the little recipient. He looks pleased as punch!)

just me said...

PLease send a letter off to that magazine..that is annoying that they will publish something without due credit!! Very annoying.

You deserve some credit for a great layout and color combo!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved your quilt. I remember what fun it was to watch it grow. :)

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I remember that quilt too. Fun...fun...fun

Teresa said...

We will see who they credit when the correction comes out. They should credit Marcia and Hari Walner, who published the quilting motifs I used. I kind of don't care anymore, because they placated me with a check or at least they said they would send a check.