Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stella's not the only one who got her groove back

Reinforcing old patterns to help rediscover old habits has got me back on track! First things first. The runner, done. Almost dry, needs a label and a tissue paper wrap job, and this one's for the history books. The quilting is uninspired. but it works. I followed Jeri's suggestion and printed some pictures of this, then auditioned quilting designs. The scroll-y thing I was contemplating (dreading!) for the white diamonds looked awful! Hurray!! It's hard to see, but what I did was simple concentric diamonds and it looks good. It needed straight lines, and I can do straight lines.

I've also been paying attention to what I eat and lost 5 pounds this week! Probably even more, but I refused to even think about stepping on the scale until I'd been at this a few days, so five pounds it is. 5 more before Thanksgiving is certainly within my sights. After that? Does ANYone lose weight during the holidays? I could be a freak of modern dieting! That'd be cool. We'll see.

And I'm changing my Next Four. Let's see, the Strings (started) move to #1, then a Dilys Fronks "stick-it and quilt it" silhouette thing for my mom. I have a Christmas panel for the foyer that I threw together a few years ago and never actually quilted. It looks weird and baggy so I'll do it right and call that #3. Then... hmmm. Maybe I'll put those bra blocks together. I was in a swap several years ago that used Christine Thresh's Bra pattern, and I've been planning a wallhanging to give to the sadists, I mean nice ladies at the Mammogram place. The working title has always been "It's What's Inside That Counts" and one of the boobs will have a dried bean or something inside. Of all the people in that swap, I think I've only seen one completed quilt, Teresa's I think, and if I recall she used my dried bean idea and donated hers to a medical center as well. What else would you do with it? I have NOwhere in my house that a boob quilt would be appropriate, it's always been destined to go somewhere else. My annual mammo will be sometime in January/February, I'll shoot for having it done then. Wonder where the blocks are...

9 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Very nice! I think if you stick to what you know(for awhile anywho) it helps to get over the "I can't" dread.

Funny thing, we all pretty much know WE CAN!

just me said...

Looks great!

And great job on the quilting, that part always terrifies me too~!

Anonymous said...

This is the part where I always get real jealous...when you finish your quilt projects!
And I can think of a few boobs in my life who don't deserve a quilt fer shur.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I combined the bra blocks with the 'when I am old I will wear purple' swap....I too should dig that out, but after the move. I even have a partial title for it.."when I am purple..."

Teresa said...

Gee, it looks like I don't have an original idea in my head, all this copying. I put a pea in one of my cups and yes, I did give it to my doctor. I have photos of it on my webshots page, which you can find a link to on my blog.

Congrats on finishing the runner!

Dorothy said...

Great minds, Teresa, great minds. Well, yours is anyway. Mine's just scary up there! I wish I had half your genius, I truly do. I wander around webshots and blogs and am awestruck by how creative people are.

Anonymous said...

Yay! The runner is awesome! You did exactly what I was thinking of on it! Doesn't finished feel good?

The bra quilt will be fun. I remember that swap! If we could swap off our REAL boobs, I would gladly participate. Them thangs just hang around gettin' in the way... :)

Anonymous said...

I am too, too impressed with your talent. So glad it helped you make a break-through!

Rian said...

Most excellent groove, girlfriend! And congrats on the 5lbs.