Thursday, January 18, 2007

That pile of nine

That pile of nine panels is now a stack of three long strips. My version of divide and conquer appears to be working! Tomorrow I'll start to hand sew the seams (two 28" seams in each strip) then I'll sew the strips together and hand sew THOSE seams shut, then add the binding and perhaps a label that suggests I NEVER be so stupid as to quilt a king sized quilt myself, ever again. It's not so much that it's hard, I just want the damn thing done, and it's not happening nearly fast enough.

Oh, and I got a reminded letter from the doctor's office that it's time for an oil change and tire rotation. I guess I need to strat thinking about that basket full of booby blocks for the Mammogram center. ;o) Maybe I'll just put off my appointment until I start the wallhanging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to have deadlines. Maybe you could make an appointment two months out, and freak out a week before and finally finish!

Debra Dixon said...

I do deadlines too--like everyday--but I am sure you know that already.

Anonymous said...

Oh, no you don't, Missy. You keep that appointment for tire rotation, booby quilt or NO booby quilt!! There's always next year (for the quilt, not the rotation). Goin' for mine on Wednesday!