Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

That'll be me, today! The daffodils for the American Cancer Society arrived yesterday, so today is delivery day. I make everyone happy, showing up with spring flowers while it's still winter outside. Ahhh, I love this job.

This is my favourite arrangement of flowers - bud vases with just a couple of stems each. Some people collect fabric lines, or jewelery, or place settings. I just love bud vases - I pick 'em up at thrift stores and garage sales for rarely more than a quarter. And if I pick you a bouquet from my garden, keep the vase. Seriously. There's PLENTY more where that one came from. I like votive holders too. And glass lid canning jars. Cheap thrills.

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Bud vases -- what a good idea. I'm not much of a flower decorator, but I think I could stick one or two stems in a bud vase. I'm going to start looking for them.
Did the little sewing machine charm ever arrive in your mailbox?

Dorothy said...

I haven't checked today's mail, but it's still not here (as of yesterday.) I really do hope it turns up in time

Christine Thresh said...

Yes, I hope it shows up. I think it was (is) silver, but maybe not.