Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scarf


This is the wool and pattern I've chosen for the scarf for Tori's fundraising silent auction/dinner. I don't know when that is, but I'll be ready. Tori chose the colour, I was looking for more of a spring green but there was none to be had. The wool is a heavier weight than I've been using lately, and on the 3.5mm needles if feels really dense. I guess anything heavier than spiderwebs is more dense than what I've been up to lately.

The bra quilt is about 1/2 quilted, it's slower going than I'd guessed. Shortish straight line quilting means I'm pushing that hippo around through the machine often. Soon enough, maybe tomorrow. I'll get the quilting done, binding on, run it through the wash and then embellish. Monday's due day...

5 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I don't do any of that fancy knitting, only socks so far. You sure are makin' me want to try tho!

Can't wait to see the bra quilt.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Your scarf looks wonderful! You knitters are really tempting me to take up an additional hobby!

Unknown said...

ooooh love the colour!
My scarf production is limited to big fat needles with big yarn. Much more manly scarves!!
ps
LOVE the new hair!!

Jules said...

The scarf is gorgeous. Can I bid?

Dorothy said...

If you can make socks, you can make this, Fitzy. It's all yarn overs and 2 togethers. That's it. Go to the yarn store and pick yourself up the 365 Knitting Stitches Perpetual Calendar. This Vandyke Lace insertion is a combo of April 29 and 30 and easy as (eating) pie.