Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yesterday's Appointment

Yesterday's visit to the surgeon was just a consult. He looked at the films with us, agreed with the radiologist about the next step, and scheduled an excisional biopsy for next Thursday. I go to see the blood suckers on Friday for pre-op bloodwork, and will find out then what time Thursday.

The spots are really small - a cluster of 5 that look like they aren't bigger than grains of sand. The biopsy will (hopefully) take all of them in a blob of tissue about the size of a golf ball. They'll do pathology while I'm on the table to be sure I don't need to go back. I do NOT want to go back. So, what fun do YOU have planned for April vacation?

11 comments:

Jules said...

Here's hoping for good results for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dorothy,(hugs) I hope for good results too. I'll remember you in my prayers this week.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Just remember they do a lot of them and you're in good hands.Hugs and the very best wishes for great results and a speedy recovery.

Rian said...

Here's hoping we can all be dancing a happy dance tonight! Good thoughts and the white light are coming your way. Hang in there, my friend.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

a blob of tissue...wanna trade my blobs of tissue for yours? I have quite a few around here from me cold...

AmyB said...

Well, if it helps (and it probably doesn't today) -- my mom had five little blobs in a cluster on her mammo last month, and it turned out they were nothing but calcifications, two of which were "immature" and caused the biopsy. Here's hoping for the best.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Not at all fun, but it's much better to be sure. Lots of vibes heading your way.

Debra Dixon said...

Hang in there!

Dorothy said...

Oh, I'm hanging. What choice do I have, really?

And Vicky, thanks for the tissue swap offer, but I've put myself on a swap moratorium. Too bad, this one sounded like fun. (not!)

Suze said...

((((Dorothy))))
Will be thinking good thoughts for you...

Unknown said...

All good vibrations coming your way,
Girlfriend!!!