Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'd like to thank the academy, and my mama, and...

Fitzy, your check is in the mail.
Fitzy says I make her smile, and THAT makes me smile. From the author of the award: The thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading his/her blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell and I am grateful every day for each person whom I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement.

Aw, now I'm gonna get all sobby. I don't think I *know* 10 bloggers, let alone 10 who wouldn't be annoyed with me for slapping on this name tag, but let's see.

Tanya, whose wit is as sharp as her pen (uh, fingertips?) I trust she understand the irony in my humour. She is raising a talented handful of little boy better than any expert ever could, and her adventures with him make me smile every.single.time. Plus, she took a picture of a giraffe with his tongue in his nose. How could I not love this woman?!

Vicky writes exactly the way I suspect she talks. Her grand-daughter calls her GG, and I have been lucky enough to call her a friend for a lot longer than either of us has had a blog. She posts Flashback Fridays any day she pleases, and slaps up pictures of pot and pretends it's actually something called Dizzy-Gotha-Ka. I think we've figured out the flashback part of Vicky's Fridays. ;o)

I would love to linger over a meal with Rian and Jane Ann two ladies who love food as much as I do. Rian can spirit the wine out of Jim's collection, and we can determine if, in fact, Jane Ann's meatloaf is the best we've ever tasted.

Fitzy, I'd tag you back, but that's not fair play. Instead, I'll thank you for all the smiles you've given me - I'm sure I could never count the times you've made me laugh, and the times you've made me nod my head, knowing exactly what you were talking about. Without even realizing it, you introduced me to your daughters, to your corner of the world, and to your vision of it. For all of that, dear friend, I thank you. And you DO make me smile. All of you do.

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

*sniff*

See? Like I telled you..YOU ROCK.

BTW, the first time I posted to Tanya, I realized she lived with 5 or so miles from where I worked. I was just moving, she quipped, "I have that effect on people sometimes." Too funny that girl.

Tanya Brown said...

LOL! Nice title, lovely writeup.

Thank you for this award; I'm delighted that the photo of the nose-picking giraffe nailed it. And now, thanks to you, I have some more blogs to check out. I must learn more about this wonder substance "Dizzy-Gotha-Ka"!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Come on by Tanya, the granddaughter is wound up and ready to lead a little boy around...I love the giraffe picture.

Dorothy...I love you man.