Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Whose idea was that?

Whose idea was the 10 minutes of sewing a day? Amy? nope, Laura. Whoever, you're a flippin' genius. Seriously. I can't usually make 10 minutes a day to do anything, but you know, I really can, I just don't. 10 minutes is hard. But I can make 1/2 hour. Or more. It's brilliant! So if, say, I did spend just ten minutes a day, then look what I put together in (..fingers, toes, carry the 3...) 50 minutes. *grin* Not really, but I started this last Thursday, I didn't get a second to sew on Saturday, and today, the top's done. How perfect is that? Without the kick in the pants, these planes would still be circling the pit downstairs, in pieces.

Tomorrow I think I shall spend my 10 minutes figuring out if I can do free(ish) motion clouds. If I draw it out on paper, maybe I can reproduce it in thread? Dunno, guess we'll see.

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

So cute - templates of paper piecing?

Christine Thresh said...

Those airplanes are cute. Paper piecing isn't that bad is it?

Dorothy said...

Christine, paper piecing has it's merits, but no, I really, REALLY don't enjoy the process.

QuiltingFitzy said...

AWWWWWW!

It's cute!

The 10 minutes thang is brilliant, my sewing machine has divorced me I think.

QuiltingFitzy said...

AWWWWWW!

It's cute!

The 10 minutes thang is brilliant, my sewing machine has divorced me I think.