Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Look, it's morning

Though the dark outside the window would suggest otherwise. In the woods here, we don't get to see the sunrise, not much anyway. It's dark, and then a while later, it's light. No crimson shot clouds or streaks of pink dawn for me, and that's okay. JUst give me a mug of hot tea and a little quiet before the day starts and I'm good.

Now, about that quilt. As soon as the light arrives and I've determined it's not raining, I'll slap it up on the clothesline and snap a pic. Well, I'll get dressed first, it's c-c-c-cold out today. Failing that, when one of the taller kids comes downstairs, I'll have it held up and snap a pic that way, inside. (ETA - done!)

Enough blather... time to reconsider that Next Four. Move the Craft Fair up to #1. It's December 6th, and yes, I have a table. Best I have something to put upon it. So, aprons, postcards, chicken pincushions... perhaps a tablerunner or two? Some pillowcases? Let's see what I can churn out in the next yipes! two weeks.

After that... hmmm. I have a string top downstairs that needs a little help. I've got an idea to punch it up a little, I'll make that number 2.

If memory serves, Todd and Stacy(?) are expecting another babe. I'll double check that, but if so, a baby quilt for them is number 3.

And #4 will be Tori's quilt. In the on-going "This is your 16th Christmas" quilt tradition, by dear one will hit 16 this year, and so get a new quilt. Of course, she'll keep getting Christmas gifts from me, unlike the nieces and nephews, but she'll be 16, she gets a new quilt. I know she reads this on occasion, so it won't be a surprise, but that's okay. She's become enamored of all things Japanese, and she likes the geometric quilts I've done in the past, so she'll get a Bento Box pattern - sone in blacks and whites, with a little colour thrown in randomly for interest.

There. Next Four done, picture taken. (brrr) Time to get this show on the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, Todd and Stacy are having baby 2 (that makes 4 kids)