Sunday, November 16, 2008

This week

Last Week

Needlework

Louise quilt - all done but the binding

Outside

clean out sludge in bottom of grill

Really? That's all I planned last weekend? Sheesh! No wonder I get nothing done. Louise's quilt is done but the binding. We're having a Harvest Meal on Thursday at school, and I believe both Louise, the retired lunch lady (the reason for the quilt), and Lisa, the kitchen manager who is on a medical leave right now (the reason for my employment) are both expected to be in attendance. I WILL have the quilt done in time for Lisa to present it to her friend and former colleague, as she should.

Last week at the quilt show I was surprised to see one of the vendors. Thread Connections in Middlebury has closed their fabric shop, though the alteration service remains. What I didn't realize was she is also a Handiquilter 16 retailer. I'm glad she's still in business, and enjoyed playing on the machine for a few minutes while we chatted. $8400 is a little pricey for me, BUT, (and even more exciting for me after wrestling this baby hippo all weekend) she rents time on the quilter in her shop. Oh joy! So, I need to take a 4 hour class to learn the operation, then I can quilt my own tops. This is great news, and I think my friend Kathy will take the class with me. Not just now, she had major jaw surgery last week, but soon. Can't wait!

Today is expected to be a miserable blustery day - cold rain turning to snow later I think. It rained Friday and Saturday, and yeah! the gutters are all draining as they should. Being 3 stories up, I had to trust that they were clean (enough) since the ladder doesn't reach high enough to see in, and there's no way in hell I'm allowed to climb around on the roof. Once the binding's on that quilt, I might actually start something new.

I'm reinstituting the 30 minutes a day to sew - 30 always turns into 45 or more, and I actually accomplish things. The elementary school craft fair is December 6th, and pickin's, around here anyway, are mighty slim. Must remedy that.


This week

Dinner Menu
Sunday - Roast Chicken
Monday - Soup and Salad
Tuesday - Mac and cheese
Wednesday - stew
Thursday - deli sandwiches
Friday - breakfast for dinner
Saturday - pizza
Sunday - pot roast

Needlework
Louise quilt - finish binding, add label
continue work on Tori's sweater
cut out 6 more aprons for craft fair
begin Christmas cards

Outside
anything?

And also...
Wednesday - Tori permit test 9:00
Thursday - Principal Chat at high school
6:30

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I really like the HQ16. I took a class last year and have rented it several times. This particular LQS rents at $15/hr or 6/$75, plus you don't pay for the thread and you get a (20% ?) discount on batting. I have to say that price is about $2400 more than I was quoted for a basic machine & table (not sit-down), so maybe it has more bells & whistles.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Tori permit??? As in drivers permit?? YeHaw!!!

Wilma Lee said...

Love your blog. You are so funny. I always expect a early morning post as I really am a morning person and always get up at 6am or earlier, lol.