Friday, December 12, 2008

The Big Book of Christmas

Seven years ago, author/artist Jan Brett was touring to promote her Christmas Treasury. Tori and I bundled into the car and waited in line at a church hall in Charlotte, VT to meet her. Tori picked out a copy of The Gingerbread Baby for Aunt Lisa's Christmas present, The Night Before Christmas for herself, and I bought what has become known in our home as The Big Book of Christmas. Ms Brett was very sweet and signed all three books for us (even though signs all over the place clearly stated she would sign only one.) She spent several minutes talking with my star-struck little girl who still remembers. The Christmas book is a family treasure.

6 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

That is awesome! I love her books and website. Megan and I read the Gingerbread Baby ALL the time!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love family treasures and wonderful memories.

DebbyMc said...

Oh! How cool is that to have met and talked with her! Hers are among my very favorite books =-)

Wilma Lee said...

What a neat thing to keep and treasure!!

Jules said...

My parents met her last year to get a book signed for my 7 year old. She is a sweet lady. We have lots of her books.

Maria Peagler said...

The Christmas Treasury is THE most loved book in our home. My MIL gave it to my boys years ago, and it has literally fallen apart we've read it so much. It's a huge part of preparing for Christmas at our house.