Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh look, here comes another one

Sheesh! We get it already - winter, Vermont, snow... the charming's wearing off.

A couple of teenage boys came to the door at 11:30 last night and asked if they could leave their dead car at the end of my driveway. They'd called a friend to come get them, they said, rather than risk the wrath of waking mom in the wee hours. "Sure," I told them, asking them to at least push it out of the way so the neighbours could get out for church (or skiing) in the morning. "Moms don't like being woke up in the middle of the night." heh, darn right we don't. They think it's the starter motor, and assure me they'll be back for it this morning; I wonder if I can get past it to get some doughnuts provisions and a paper before the snow starts up again.

Anyway, back to the business at hand.

This week

Needlework
continue work on Tori's sweater
start border blocks for string quilt

Other
Mail Christmas packages to Canada
Tuesday - Daniel school concert

What'd I do this week? Uh, none of that. Well, almost none - Daniel's concert was a rousing success. Otherwise, I shoveled, I plowed, I suffered and recovered from a head cold. I gave away my job. I amazed myself by NOT actually becoming chocolate after the multitude of sweets that made their way through the school this week. Holy moley, how do school staff not all become Jabba the Hutt at this time of year?!

This week

Dinner Menu
Sunday - Chicken Cordon Bleu
Monday - Tomato Soup and grilled cheese
Tuesday - meatloaf
Wednesday - lasagna
Thursday - turkey (maybe? ham?)
Friday - leftovers
Saturday - chicken pot pie
Sunday - pork loin

Needlework
continue work on Tori's sweater
start border blocks for string quilt

Other
Mail Christmas packages to Canada
Christmas!

6 comments:

Irene said...

I think we should send it all to Mary - she likes the stuff!

Dorothy said...

Aw, I don't mind it. Since I'm now safely back in from my doughnut run (1/2 hour each way!) there's nowhere I have to go. It's sure pretty out there, except for that ugly black Subaru at the end of the driveway. It's quickly becoming little more than a white lump, though, so I can ignore it.

Anonymous said...

Send it to me. I love snow.

I'm sure it's a drag when you have errands to do, but it sure is pretty.

Sheila said...

I have to say the snow looks pretty up there. What I love most about this story is that you live in a place where you feel comfortable answering the door at 11:30 at night.

Wilma Lee said...

The snow is beautiful. I love it when i don't have to go anywhere, lol.

AmyB said...

I knew I was tired, but I had to read this THREE times to figure out why anyone would want to leave a dead caT at the end of your driveway. I'm glad no one did ;)