Sunday, February 08, 2009

The week

Last week

Needlework
finish second arm of Tori's sweater - still not done!
begin silent auction quilt - ooh, baby yes!
layer and quilt Todd and Stacy baby quilt - Done(ish)

Other
Work Monday
Get started on taxes
book club Thursday?
Hobbit residency begins


Monday was Groundhog Day and the little #!^& saw his shadow as I understand it. Joke's on him, though, we'll be THRILLED if spring's only a month off! Yes, I made a disgusting meatloaf, yes Tori was totally disgusted by the whole idea, and yes, Simon indulged his inner zombie and ate the head. Picture here (before and after cooking) if you want to see it.

I should really wait until this is completely finished before I post a picture, and actually I would have stitched the last bit, then taken pictures, THEN blogged it, but we're expecting weather this afternoon, and I wanna go out for pancakes. So here's an almost, but not quite done shot of the Roman Stripes baby quilt for Todd and Stacey's baby to be (gender unknown, to me anyway) I'll finish that last 2 1/2 feet of binding later today. So that makes this my February finish - one a month, right on track.

I spent a good part of this week sewing pinwheels for the auction quilt. It'll be throw sized - 50"x62" or so, and I hope as summery looking as the Roman Stripe one. I'm actually thinking of (gasp) doing some applique on the borders of this one. Eep! I don't do borders, and I certainly don't do applique. But it's insisting.

This week will be a busy one for the 280 elves, dwarves and hobbits at our school. The residency with Very Merry Theatre is going well, and will finish with two performances on stage in the High School auditorium - Thursday night and Friday morning. I can't wait!

This week

Dinner Menu
Sunday - Pork Chops
Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup
Tuesday - Macaroni and beef
Wednesday - Fried Rice
Thursday - Stew
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - BBQ chicken sandwiches
Sunday - pulled pork

Needlework
finish second arm of Tori's sweater
assemble pieced part of silent auction quilt

Other
Hobbit performances Thursday night, Friday morning
finish taxes
Daniel dentist Tuesday

5 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

That meatloaf looks delish!

just me said...

Wanted to stop by and say, Hi! I remember I still owe you some money..xoxo

Sara said...

That meatloaf looks really good - and I'm not a fan of meatloat! Mainly because my grandmother would cook it to death...but, yours looks really moist.

Oh, I haven't made my own fried rice in ages...

Jeri said...

way to go on the roman stripe quilt. Its really nice! I might need to make something like that - its a pattern we've all seen for years but yours is so cool in the non-amish colors. And girl, you are going to be busy this week, know what I mean???

Dorothy said...

Uh, Jeri...? Do you know something I don't? Or have I forgotten something?