Monday, March 16, 2009

I miss my clothesline

The weather has been warming, spring's on it's way. But oh, I miss my clothesline. It's one of those umbrella types and comes out of the ground for the winter. The hole it goes in has filled with water, which has frozen, and I can't put the pole back in until the ice goes. Wah! I may resort to a bucket or two of hot water later this morning, but since it's still well below freezing, right now it's out of the question.
The gardens are returning from their snow cover. Once this busy-ness is passed, and before the next busy-ness begins, I'll need to order a couple of yards of garden soil, and empty the composter. Then only another 5 months until fresh tomatoes. ;o)

2 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

yum, vine tomatos are the best!

julieQ said...

I am glad you have signs of Spring up there! I miss a clothsline too...and the basket of clothepins, and the smell of line dried clothing...mmm...