Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update

This week

Needlework
Bento test blocks

Other
Tuesday - Daniel dentist afternoon
Tuesday evening - spring concert
Thursday - Principal chat @ middle school
Check out condition of gardens,
order load of topsoil?

I made 16 little Bento Box blocks - 6" each. Kinda cute, actually (looks better in person,) and I know that my assembly method works. I think I'll put them together into a big doll or little baby quilt and give it to the preschool for their fundraiser in May. Tori's quilt will be blacks, greys and white

The weather was nice again this week, I even decided to push my luck and plant some peas, spinach and lettuce. They can stand cooler temperatures in the event things become more seasonal. 68ยบ yesterday was definitely NOT seasonal. The last of the snow is almost gone, finally, though it's certainly possible we'll get a little more. It's raining today, and will rain all day tomorrow too. Good for the seeds, not so much for the laundry. Darrrrrrnnn.... ;o)

I got called to sub a half day in 1st grade tomorrow morning - these are the kids I see when I volunteer in the library on Tuesdays so they're all familiar with me, and I with them. Should be fun.

This week

Dinner Menu
Sunday - crock pot pulled pork
Monday - Wedding Soup
Tuesday - mac and beef
Wednesday - stew
Thursday - grilled pork chops
Friday - homemade chinese (fried rice, General Tso's chicken, egg rolls)
Saturday - pizza

Needlework
Assemble Bento quiltlet top
at least bring the stupid string quilt UPSTAIRS so it can haunt me more effectively!

Other
Monday - sub 1/2 day 1st grade
Tuesday - Simon orthodontist
Saturday movie party?

No comments: