Sunday, April 05, 2009

Last/next

Last week

Needlework
Assemble Bento quiltlet top
at least bring the stupid string quilt UPSTAIRS so it can haunt me more effectively!


Other
Monday - sub 1/2 day 1st grade
Tuesday - Simon orthodontist

Saturday movie party?

In the interest of full disclosure, I did, just this minute, go downstairs and get that string top. It's up here, now though, in its own little project box. Let's see how long I can ignore it there. ;o) The movie party I had listed has turned into a bowling party (deep sigh) and we're going to shoot for this coming Saturday. Much longer, and it'll be Daniel's SEVENTH birthday. This is such a busy time of year.

As I mentioned, I've been cleaning, and cleaning is exhausting and energizing at the same time. There were moments recently cooking dinner when the light would hit a some dust hanging high from the beams (my ceiling is 10' high), or the accumulated stuff on the windowsill, and my mood would turn abruptly dark, like a cloud in front of the sun. It was as sudden as that. I am not delighted by whimsy and kitsch, I am revulsed by it. I am not inspired by chaos, I am crippled by it. Clutter and mess raises such an anger, such frustration in me that I can't move forward until I deal with it. So this week, I started dealing with it. I've cooled the two biggest hot spots in the kitchen already and the clutter free expanse of counter and the splatter free windows make me very, very happy.

The little Bento top is together. Since I didn't want little bits of the 10" squares laying around, I added some arcs to the edge, but because I only used eight prints I didn't have enough to go all the way around like I'd envisioned. I'll quilt it as is, and those arcs may find themselves trimmed off by the time I get to the binding. And those corners are very empty, aren't they?

This week

Dinner Menu
Sunday - pot roast
Monday - tomato soup, grilled cheese
Tuesday - Spaghetti & meatballs
Wednesday - pork chops
Thursday - *something* in the crockpot
Friday - pizza
Saturday - mac & cheese

Needlework
Layer and begin quilting Bento quiltlet top

Other
Monday - menu plan with 1-P class 9 am
Tuesday - Burlington Foods show w/Lisa
Tuesday - Daniel Art Festival trip
Wednesday - Simon Orthodontist
Wednesday - Daniel Middlebury College Gallery trip
Friday - Sub 1/2 day kindergarten
Saturday - bowling party?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh do I looooove your window/sink area. How peaceful is that?! I don't have a dishwasher...actually don't mind washing dishes...so gazing out that window could get quite addicting!

Christine Thresh said...

"I am not inspired by chaos, I am crippled by it. Clutter and mess raises such an anger, such frustration in me that I can't move forward until I deal with it."

That sound serious.

julieQ said...

Your window/sink area looks so inviting. I know what you mean about dirt...it makes me tired, but clutter is worse for me! Hope spring is there soon for you!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Christine. Serious.

Maybe a cause for those migranes?

Love your sink area. Wonderful.