Sunday, May 03, 2009

This week, next week

This week

Needlework
Cut fabric for Tom's quilt

Other
Monday HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMON!!
Monday, Wednesday - T-ball
Tuesday - Sub 1/2 day
Thursday - Principal chat 6:30
Saturday - movie and dinner w/Tori & friends


The busy continues this week, but (I think, I hope) slows down after that. I'm the chair of our PTO Staff Appreciation Week madness, and if I can make it past Wednesday, everything will be golden. And it will, I actually love doing this event - it's so much fun thinking of ways to say thankful to everyone at the school who makes it such a great place. This is also Nation PTA Teacher Appreciation Week (so go hug a teacher!) but there are so many people who are part of a school that aren't teachers we decided a number of years back to make the event completely inclusive - everyone from the custodians to the principal is celebrated for all they do. I'm heading over to the school this afternoon to get the decorating started. I hope my helpers remember to show up! Wednesday's the highlight of the week - a buffet style lunch with everything (I hope, I hope) donated by school families. It's lunch, but it's really an all day thing, from prep to clean up. I've got my helpers lined up, and I can't wait!

Yesterday I took Tori and some of her friends to a movie and then a nearby Mexican place for dinner. They saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (and said it was okay), I saw The Soloist, and LOVED it! What a great, moving story (check out the YouTube trailer below.) Robert Downie Jr., though, as LA Times reporter Steven Lopez? Not quite as believable as I'd have liked. But Jamie Foxx blew my socks off.

I've imposed a grocery moratorium this week. My freezer is overflowing, the fridge is packed. I don't have a lot of time to shop anyway, and there's truly no need, so I refuse. The weather is iffy this week - on and off rain for much of it, so I think any gardening I plan to do do this week is going to need to be attended to today. I've got some lettuce babies from my friend Laura, a six pack of broccoli, and some California Wonder green peppers. Plenty of seeds, too. It's probably too early for tomatoes, but the ground should be warm enough for everything else. With the extra space I have this year, I'm adding a section exclusively for cut flowers - gladiolus, dahlias, french marigolds, gerbera daisies, maybe some callas and dwarf sunflowers too. Yeah!!! Time to get to work.

This week


Dinner Menu
Sunday - grilled ham steaks
Monday - quiche & salad
Tuesday - fried rice, egg rolls, cha sui bao
Wednesday - deli sandwiches
Thursday - spaghetti
Friday - pizza
Saturday - pulled pork sandwiches

Needlework
Cut fabric for Tom's quilt

Other
Monday to Friday - Staff Appreciation
Monday, Wednesday - T-ball
Wednesday - Staff Luncheon

No comments: